West Elm pinned one of my playlists (this guy) this morning, and it reminded me that I've been meaning to put together a playlist of the music I grew up with for months and I keep getting distracted by other genres and time points in my life. Here, take this. TAKE IT ALL. There should be more blues on it, but I've decided to make a separate playlist for that in the coming weeks.
It's longer than any of the other ones I've made (that's what she said) -
01. Creature Feature (Leo Kottke)
02. Doctor My Eyes (Jackson Browne)
03. Scarlet Begonias (Grateful Dead)
04. Further To Fly (Paul Simon)
05. Cajun Moon (JJ Cale)
06. Glamour Profession (Steely Dan)
07. A Horse With No Name (America)
08. Cowboy Movie (David Crosby)
09. Dancing In The Moonlight (King Harvest)
10. Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)
11. Black Friday (Steely Dan)
12. Give It Up Or Let Me Go (Bonnie Raitt)
13. Who Do You Tell It To (Rusted Root)
14. Night Parade (Robbie Robertson)
15. Ladder (Joan Osborne) - lyrics to this song are brilliant
16. Freight Train Boogie (Doc Watson)
17. Saja/Right On (Santana)
18. The Swimming Song (Loudon Wainwright III)
19. Under The Falling Sky (Bonnie Raitt) - best song to sing in the shower, hands down
20. Revival (Allman Brothers Band)
21. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm (Crash Test Dummies)
22. Kind Of A Drag (The Buckinghams)
23. The Credits: Out-takes from Terry's Movie (Leo Kottke)
They're all songs that I grew up with, in my treehouse on the hill. Listen and subscribe here.
A girl I follow on Tumblr read my Tarot Cards today via internet (tee hee) and my card was The Empress. It's apparently a very good card to receive for the question that I asked. Which will remain top secret. I'll take it as another reason to smile about life.
My landlord just gave us the go-ahead to paint, so I'm givin' myself a charcoal gray wall in my bedroom this weekend! Gonna look pretty fabulous with that fancy repurposed headboard, and then I think I'll finally be satisfied enough to submit it to Apartment Therapy.
I'm sketching and painting A LOT lately. Feels good to have won my visual inspiration back; I think it's because the website I spent the past month making at work is finally finished (altogether there are 80 mockups...20 each for full, tablet landscape, tablet portrait, and mobile) so I can breathe and move onto other things. Thank the lawwwwddd. I'm also picking up a ton of large-scale freelance work, which is fabulous since I have a passport and a flight to Thailand to buy and thousands of dollars worth of debt that's just hangin out!
Basically I'm going to be going design-crazy in all forms for the next 3 months. This means I'll be consuming more caffeine than usual (terrifying), so if you see me zip by you in the midst of a ragestorm or panic attack just ignore me.
A sketch, just for you. It's not a pregnancy announcement, shut up Franklinville